How to track stolen, misplaced iPhone, iPad using find my iPhone?
Since the explosion of smartphones, Apple has turned out to be one of the major manufacturers in this very promising industry. They have come up with an array of quality gadgets to meet the constantly increasing demand in the market. Apple has been very popular with its iPhone, iPad, and their numerous versions. After a few years in this industry, Apple has come up with many different versions of iPhones including the first iPhone (2007), iPhone 3G (2008), iPhone 3G S (2009), iPhone 4 (2010), iPhone 4S (2011), iPhone 5S/5C (2013) and iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus in 2014, iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S Plus in last year. It seems like the respected manufacturer comes up with a new iPhone product every year.
In addition to that, Apple has also introduced a number of iPad products to their customers. If you happen to be a big fan of Apple products, you must have been very familiar with iPad 2, iPad 3 and iPad 4. This gadget manufacturer has also rolled out their iPad Pro, iPad Mini 2, iPad Mini 4, iPad Air and iPad Air 2. Regardless to the Apple product that you use, it is still a very precious item that easily attracts many thefts. Thankfully, the respected gadget manufacturer has equipped their products with the great feature that helps you track an iPhone more efficiently.
When you somehow lose your precious iPhone or iPad, it may sound like a disaster in your life. To me, my iPhone is an integral part of my life and I would like to have effective methods to keep me from losing such a precious item. How to track an iPhone has turned out to be a hot topic recently considering that the number of this Apple gadget keeps on increasing very rapidly over the last few years. Apple gadgets, both their iPhone and iPad versions, have become a familiar and very useful item for both parents and kids as well. If I knew exactly how to find my iPhone, iPad or track my iPhone, iPad it would give me more confidence even when it gets stolen.
How to Use Find My iPhone Application (iPhone, iPad tracking app)
Find My iPhone is a very useful software to help you find or track a stolen your own iPhone or iPad. I can easily track my iPhone or my lost iPad more effortlessly. Let us discover how to find my iPhone, iPad easily using the Find My iPhone feature.
(1) Download and Install Find My iPhone (Before losing iPhone)
It is very glad to know that Apple has equipped their products with Find My iPhone applications. This useful software allows you to find your stolen iPad or lost iPhone more convincingly. Just make sure that you have this software installed on your Apple device, personal computer, or Mac computer. You can directly track iPhone, iPad, MAC location by visiting iCloud.com. That would make tracking my lost gadget easily. If you don’t have “find my iPhone” app or software installed, there is no way to track your apple device later. So when you purchase an apple device, on very first day, install this app. Using this app, you can find a friend’s iPhone or rather anyone’s iPhone who has this app installed.
(2) After losing iPhone
- When you lose your phone, Open this website: https://www.icloud.com/#find and sign in (login) with your apple id. iClould can also be accessible through your iPhone, iPad or MAC device.
- Once you reach the home page, it will display a map at the top and the list of devices which are linked to your Apple ID at the bottom.
- Click All Devices. In the list, the dot next to the device indicates its status. Simply tap on the device which is stolen to “track an iPhone“.
- Find my iPhone will locate the device. If Find My iPhone can’t locate the device, the last known location is displayed for up to 24 hours. Select “Notify me when found” to get an email when it comes online.
- Now tap on the Actions button at the bottom of the screen.
- The app will display 3 options- Play Sound, Lost Mode, and Erase iPhone.
- Play Sound: The Playing Sound option is better when you are not sure where you put your iPhone last in-house. It will play a loud sound so that you can know the location within your house.
- Lost Mode: You can activate this mode when you are sure that it is out of your reach or somebody has stolen it. You will get directions using GPS to the stolen iPhone by tapping on Actions > Car icon.
- Erase iPhone: When your iPhone has confidential and sensitive data, you can opt for this option because you don’t want anyone to access your data.
- You will get directions to the stolen iPhone by tapping on Actions > Car icon.
Other Options You Can Use
Find My iPhone is not the only iPhone tracker you can use to locate your lost iOS device. There are some other software or programs out there which are designed to detect my iPhone or track my iPad. Find My Friends, Life 360 or Spyware for iPhone may come in very handy in how to track someone’s iPhone or lost iPad. If you look for the similar app that you can install on your desktop, you might need to consider Sosumi.
There you have it, a number of reliable solutions related to how to track an iPhone or track iPhone location more accurately. Knowing that that software can help me track my iPhone has given me more confidence and more reasons to purchase Apple products rather than considering to buy some other products with different brands.