How to send Instagram direct message using PC, Computer?
Instagram is one of the most trending social networks that got massive followers and users. The trend of sharing photos and media content has become so popularized, that nowadays people feel it as one of the convenient ways to share and promote content. Because of Instagram’s photo filters and the retro styling features, users find it as a suitable place to enhance and share their images. One of the disadvantages of Instagram is that it is limited to mobile phones only and PC users cannot upload and share photos from the Instagram web. Similarly, if you want to send direct messages on Instagram, you’ll require the mobile app again. So today I will show you how to use Instagram and send an Instagram DM on PC.
How to use Instagram from PC?
Instagram on PC can be accessed from www.instagram.com. This is the official web version of Instagram and you can view anyone’s profile, photos, and media content from the web platform. Instagram do not allow posting or uploading photos from the web platform and this is what annoys its users much more. But we have a detailed article about how to upload and post photos to Instagram from the computer. There are a number of apps and tools those allow you to post photos to Instagram from your PC and you don’t need a mobile app for that. Although they are the third-party tools, they are completely safe and flawlessly shares your content on the platform. Personally, I have used a few of them and they work perfectly.
How to send Instagram direct message PC?
Similarly, sending direct messages on Instagram from the computer is not allowed by the company. Unless you use the Instagram mobile app, you will be prohibited from accessing this feature. And to avail the same, you’ll need the help of third-party tools and web apps.
Sending Instagram DM on computer
Bluestacks is one of the well-known and most used web apps which is downloaded to access Android apps on PC. It is an Android emulator for PC and Mac that lets you access any Android app and use them from your computer. Similarly, the Instagram Android app can be easily accessed through this app and you can get access to the complete Instagram features and options. Bluestacks does not limit you from uploading photos and media content to Instagram and allows you to send direct messages too. You can access the latest updated features of Instagram from the app and start conversations with your followers.
To send direct messages on Instagram from Bluestacks, please follow these steps:
- Download and install the Bluestacks Android emulator on your PC from bluestacks.com/.
- Once the installation is complete, run the app on your PC.
- Type Instagram in the search bar and install the official Instagram app for Android from the list.
- The app will be virtually installed on your PC.
- Now run the Instagram app and login with your Instagram credentials.
- Instagram will redirect you to your news feed.
- Click on the Instagram Direct icons at the top right corner of the screen.
- Type the contact’s name and start sending direct messages.
(2) Instagram app for Windows 10 PC
If you are using Windows 10 systems, then this is even a better option for you. You don’t even require Bluestacks to use it and simply use the Windows Store. Yes, you are getting it right because the Instagram app for Windows PC is accessible from the Windows Store, offering you the complete list of features. You can even send Insta direct messages from the PC app, get notifications, and share any media content you want. Instagram for Windows PC works just like its Android app.
To send direct messages from the Instagram Windows app, simply follow these steps:
- Open your Windows 10 PC and go to the Trusted Windows Store app.
- Search for Instagram from the search bar and select the app.
- Click on the Free button to get the app installed on your PC. Remember, you need to sign in to the Windows Store app with your Microsoft or Outlook credentials.
- The app weighs about 92MB so it will take some time to get completely installed.
- After it is done, click on the Windows start icon on your desktop bottom and click on Instagram from the Recently installed apps.
- Login with your Instagram credentials and get access to your new feed.
- Click on the Direct Message icon on the top right corner to start a chat.
- Type your friend’s name and start messaging.
InstaPic is a free Instagram client for Windows 10 PC that allows you to capture, edit, share, and send direct messages to your Instagram followers. The app got an intuitive interface and lets you send photos in a direct message, send a message in stories, unsend direct message, and lots more. Moreover, you can like, comment, and share on other’s postings and begin new conversations with users.
To send direct messages via InstaPic, you need to follow the following method:
- Run your Windows 10 PC and go to the Trusted Windows Store app.
- Search for InstaPic from the search bar and select the app.
- Click on the Free button to get the app installed on your Windows PC. You need to sign in to the Windows Store app with your Microsoft account credentials.
- The app is about 46MB so it won’t take much time to get completely installed.
- After it is installed, click on the Windows start icon on your desktop bottom and click on InstaPic from the Recently installed apps.
- Login to InstaPic using your Instagram credentials.
- You will get access to your Instagram news feeds now.
- Now start sending direct messages to anyone you want.
These web apps and online tools are a great alternative for sending direct messages on Instagram via your desktop PC. Moreover, they are beneficial for office workers and people who are prohibited to use mobile phones in the workspace and are associated with the computer most of the time.